Operation Helping Hand strives to maintain it’s resources in a way that is cost effective, environmentally responsible, and sustainable to provide “off grid” solutions for day to day needs. This enables us to be as self-sufficient as possible while also being able to support others in the area.
Specific strategies include:
- Solar Cells to provide electricity for lights, cell phones, and internet access
- Windmill powered well and water pump
- Water tower to provide natural water pressure
- Organic farming to provide several food staples
- Small animal farming to provide eggs and some meats